Data Protection Notice
One of your rights under EU law is that you must be informed when your personal data is processed (collected, used, stored) by any organization. You also have the right to know the details and purpose of that processing.
Some of the services offered on our website require the processing of your personal data. In such cases, links are available on those pages directing you to the specific information about the processing contained in the relevant data protection notices.
Your Personal Data and Our Website
- EDUCO collects your personal information only to the extent necessary to execute a specific task like sign you up for our mailing list or respond to a contact request;
- EDUCO may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- EDUCO will not reuse your personal information for any other purpose than what is stated at the point of collection;
- EDUCO will put in place measures to guarantee that your data is kept up-to-date and processed securely;
- Under certain conditions outlined in law, EDUCO may disclose your information to third parties, (such as the European Anti-Fraud Office, the Court of Auditors, or law enforcement authorities) if it is necessary and proportionate for lawful, specific purposes;
- You have the right to access your personal information, to have it corrected and the right to recourse; at any time if you believe your data protection rights have been breached;
- EDUCO does not keep your personal information for longer than necessary to execute the specific task for which it was collected;
- However, EDUCO may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
Cookies are short text files stored on a user’s device (such as a computer, tablet or phone) by a website.
Cookies are used for the technical functioning of a website or for gathering statistics.
Cookies are also typically used to provide a more personalized experience for a user. For example, when an online service remembers your user profile without you having to login.
When you visit EducoWebDesign.com, we may collect some data on your browsing experience such as your IP address, the website page you visited, when you visited, and the website page you were referred from. This information is used to gather aggregated and anonymous statistics with a view to improving our services and to enhance your user experience.
When you visit this website, we will keep the browser history of your visit for a maximum of 13 months. This information will then be deleted.
Should you wish to opt your data out of our anonymized, aggregated statistics, you can find more information here.
We use social media to present our work through widely used and contemporary channels. For instance, you can watch videos, which we upload to our YouTube page and follow links from our website to Google, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Cookies are not set by our display of social media buttons to connect to those services when our website pages are loaded on your computer (or other devices) or from components from those services embedded in our web pages.
Each social media channel has their own policy on the way they process your personal data when you access their sites. For example, if you choose to watch one of our videos on YouTube, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept YouTube cookies; if you look at our Twitter activity on Twitter, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept Twitter cookies; the same applies for Google, Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you have any concerns or questions about their use of your personal data, you should read their privacy policies carefully before using them.
Links to other websites
You will also find some more detail here about cookies relating to our social media channels and Google Analytics, the service we use for our statistics.
Social Media Cookies
EDUCO uses social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube and LinkedIn to strengthen our online presence and visibility.
- You can watch videos, which we upload (embed) to our YouTube page. You can also follow links from our website to social media platforms;
- In order to watch an video on our website, a message will alert you that you need to accept YouTube cookies to do so. YouTube has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. There is no installation of cookies from YouTube until you consent to YouTube cookies;
This site has activated IP anonymization, which means Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By default, the browsing experience of website visitors is tracked by Google Analytics in order to produce anonymized statistics.
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Do Not Track Preferences
Do not track is a function that allows visitors to opt out from being tracked by websites for any purpose including the use of analytics services, advertising networks and social platforms. Do not track options are available in a number of browsers including:
If you enable do not track in your web browser, Google Analytics will respect your choice, and you will not be tracked. This is in addition to you opting-out of the aggregation and analysis of data for our website statistics;
If you have disabled all cookies from your browser, we will still collect some general data about your browsing (e.g. a record of a visitor to our website) but they will be less accurate and your visit will not be tracked.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule
If a child has provided us with private information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should e-mail us to remove the information and unsubscribe the child from any promotional contact opportunities.
Do Not Email Lists
If you opt out from an EducoWebDesign.com Opt-In marketing list, we will suppress your email address from future mailings from EDUCO.
Which kinds of personal data does this website process?
We process the personal data submitted by website visitors via our webforms.
Who may receive my personal data?
Your personal data is accessible to EDUCO employees and contractors.
What are my rights?
You are entitled to access the personal data we hold about you and to have your data corrected where necessary. In certain cases, you also have the right to have your data blocked or erased or to object to its processing.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information below. We will reply within three months. Please note that in some cases restrictions under Article 20 of the GDPR may apply.
How long do you keep my data?
We keep log files - including your personal data - for up to two years, and we keep contact form submissions for up to five years.
If you experience any privacy related difficulties on EducoWebDesign.com, please use the following contact information:
Updated April 19, 2018